Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I want in.


I am filled with hope. As I watched the inauguration ceremony yesterday morning, I felt my anger and frustration toward our country literally melt away. The sea of people united in love and enthusiasm for this new beginning took my breath away. It still takes my breath away. We hunger for peace and love and change. The people of the United Stated had enough faith and hunger in goodness to speak it all into existence. Well done.

Like the ice and bitter cold of a long drawn out winter, the troubles of war and indifference toward our planet and each other seemed as if it would never leave.

But the sun shines. It is warm and promising. And my eyes are directed away from our failures and toward this new light of change.

All I could write in my journal this morning was, "I want in. I want to get in the game." I'm not sure of what my part is in all of this change, but am ready. I don't know if my passion is just a tiny piece of the fire in all of our bellies as a nation, but I want to do my part to contribute. I think a lot of us are ready and willing to take responsibility for our part in building a more loving and peaceful world.

Thank God for his grace and for making all things new.

"Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one, and come!
For see, the winter is past,
The rains are over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth,
The time of pruning the vines has come,
And the song of the dove is heard in our land."
~Song of Songs 2:11-12

4 comments:

  1. beautiful. thanks for sharing. you said a lot of things that I can relate to, but couldn't put words to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! p.s.Hey! Do you like the video scroll??? ;) We're going to go and see Sarah and Tom B. in the Little Room this Thursday. Will we see you two there??? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I WiSH! I LOVE Tom... I have a weird crush on him. Smile and wink at him for me ;) Have fun!

    Come to Joshua Tree with us this weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I must've missed all the goodness, peace, love, & understanding on earth this month.

    But, I hope 1 day in my lifetime it really does happen. Our nation needs prayer now more than in recent decades. Until then, people will be people, and the more things change the more things seem to stay the same.

    ReplyDelete